Wait, what? A giveaway? The giving-away of a thing? A thing being given?
YES, FRIEND. All of the above!
Okay, so earlier this year I upgraded my DSLR to a Nikon D5100, because I needed video capacity and my D40 was looking a bit shabby. And I was like, right, I’ll keep the old one as back-up, but having brought it all the way to the UK from Japan… it’s just been sitting on my desk for months getting dusty. I thought about selling it on Amazon, but let’s be real, there is a lot of cake mix encrusted into this thing (although it still works perfectly). And plus, you know, everybody’s gotta start somewhere, and it just isn’t feasible for a lot of people to put down over £100 on a DSLR camera, even an old model.
So: a giveaway. This is what you get if you win:
- Secondhand Nikon D40 DSLR camera body (+ strap)
- AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm kit lens
- 1GB SD memory card
I bought this camera in 2008, so we’re not talking top of the range, but I’ve been using it right up until this year and it’s served me well (as far as I can remember, those are all pictures taken using the kit lens included in this giveaway - which is why they’re mostly a bit old, since I upgraded to a fancier one after they were taken).
How to enter:
- Reblog this post. Likes don’t count, which is a metaphor for popularity not counting for much in life, which is sort of a lie, but mostly I just want to signal boost this.
- You can reblog one time per day. I’m going to try and monitor this to prevent people taking advantage, given that that’s not the spirit of the giveaway (guys, I am semi-homeless and unemployed, I’m choosing to give this camera away rather than sell it, please be good people, ‘kay?)
- Be willing to send me a home or receiving address! I mean, duh, but also, wow, that would be awkward. If you live with family or people who will not be happy at you receiving mysterious internet packages, factor that in.
- You do not have to follow me on Tumblr, although it would be super nice if you did. Super nice. As nice as me. I’m a delight. Just saying.
I will post anywhere in the world, and one winner will be picked at random on November 1st!
*** If you follow my RSS feed, or came over from Blogger when I moved this site - I have not yet figured out how to work this thing. Theoretically there should be a way for you to comment on posts. For now, gomen! This giveaway is for Tumblr followers only, unless you are tech-savvier than I am. Still love ya.